DemirBank OJSC is seeking a Head of Risk Department
Having already long history and wide experience, DemirBank is one of leading banks in the country. The bank was established on 6th of October 1989 as one of the first commercial banks in the country. As an employer, the Bank is investing in its human resources through contemporary trainings, providing excellent working atmosphere and building staff capacity in order to plant the seeds of more successful future. DemirBank offers world of career opportunities with competitive compensation and incredible benefits. Joining DemirBank you will also find more ways to advance your skills in a supportive environment, working alongside a diverse, international and talented team that thrives on creativity and collaboration.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Understand and support Bank’s business philosophy and objectives;
• Do all within his/her ability to meet targets and work unceasingly to enable DemirBank to meet its goal;
• Conduct all activities in compliance with DemirBank policies and procedures;
• Assume overall responsibility for measuring and monitoring the risk management performance across the bank;
• Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the bank;
• Manage risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
• Manage risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the bank such as costs, legal requirements and evaluating the bank's previous handling of risks;
• Establish and quantify the bank's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
• Manage risk reporting in an appropriate way to different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so that they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
• Manage corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
• Manage establishment of risk limits to appropriate units;
• Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
• Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the bank.
Qualification and requirements:
• Candidate must possess professional degree in Risk/Finance/Banking/Business studies;
• Professional background in risk management in financial services is an added advantage;
• CFA, FRM qualification (preferred);
• At least 5 year experience in Risk Management and Financial Management;
• Minimum 3 years of managerial experience;
• Tenacious individual with strong communication, problem-solving, relationship and consensus-building skills and a high degree of personal initiative and attention to detail;
• Technical consciousness;
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in both English and Azeri;
• High level of loyalty towards the employer;
• Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude.
DemirBank works in a competitive environment and seeks dynamic candidates who enjoy taking initiative and improving performance. Candidates are required to submit CVs/Application Forms until June 17, 2017. via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email (Head of Risk Department). Otherwise the candidacy will not be considered in the review process of the applications collected.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to next stages of the recruitment process.